Join us for the 46th CELLAR CLUB WINE TASTING
EVENT: Penfolds Australian Wines. Michael Giulini, Penfolds Luxury Wines
DATE: Thursday, November 5, 2015
TIME: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
LOCATION: 120 Lombard Street, Society Hill, Philadelphia, PA
- Chardonnay, Koonunga Hill
- Riesling, Thomas Hyland
- Bin 8 Cab/Shiraz
- Bin 9 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bin 2 Shiraz/Mourvedre
- Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bin 389 Cab/Shiraz (Baby Grange)
- Club Tawny Port
- And a surprise from our cellar
We are very excited to have Michael Giulini from Penfolds in Australia to host our Cellar Club on Thursday, November 5, 2015 featuring Penfolds Australian Wines.
For over 170 years Penfolds has been the icon of Australian wine making. Featuring three distinct styles which have underpinned the Penfolds wine making philosophy: single vineyard, single region or and multi-region or multi-varietal blending.
Multi region and multi-varietal blending exemplify what Penfolds is best known for from a winemaking perspective – crafting wines to a house style. Penfolds Grange is the original and most powerful expression of this blending philosophy, which results in a consistency of style and quality across vintages. Other examples of this style include Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz (Baby Grange) and Grandfather Rare Tawny.
Chef will prepare:
- Hors d’oeuvres paired with the featured wines
- Presentations will include an extensive imported International cheese selection from DiBruno Bros. & cured Italian meats
The elegant dinner station will include:
- Our award-winning Caesar salad
- A selection of homemade pastas
- Fresh seasonal fish fillet
- Carved filet mignon
- A selection of our desserts and coffee will conclude our chef’s presentation
Don’t Miss Out!
Don’t miss this exciting evening of sipping and savoring, mixing and mingling and tasting and teaching. Cellar Club guests will also receive the following, with our compliments:
- Conversation with Michael Giulini
- Conversation with DiBruno Bros. Cheese Monger
- $20.00 Grazie Gift Certificate for use on your next visit in the restaurant
- A complimentary bottle of wine that will be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
- An opportunity to win a bottle of one of these exceptional wines to be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
Cost is $90.00 per person exclusive of 8% tax and 20% gratuity which includes the wines, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, the take home bottle and $20 Gift Certificate.
Reserve today. Reservations to the event are prepaid with a credit card and are non-refundable. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at (215) 925-8880.
Bistro Romano has received the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). To be notified of future Cellar Club events complete the form below.